Java Software Engineer – Berlin
- Software Engineer – Java/Scala
- Berlin – Onsite
About the Company
Stax is proud to partner with a rapidly growing environmental scale-up business that is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their team in Berlin. They specialise in deploying IoT sensors and network devices to monitor and manage environmental data. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing server and future backend designs to manage and monitor remotely deployed IoT sensors and network devices.
- Design and develop web applications to manage and monitor remotely deployed IoT sensors and network devices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Participate in code reviews, testing, and deployment activities.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in web applications and backend services.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Maintain and update technical documentation.
- 3+ years of experience in web application development.
- Strong proficiency in backend technologies such as Scala, Java
- SQL Db integration, API specification, JSON.
- Familiarity with Frameworks e.g – Play/Spring/Wildfly etc
- Data pipeline (ETL), data analytics
- Testing via unit and integration tests
- Web application servers – security, api database management
- Ability to work independently as well as in a fast paced startup team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English & German.
Stax is acting as a recruitment partner for this position.
Stax and our partners believe in equal opportunities and encourages applications from all backgrounds.