Project Manager – IOT – Berlin
Stax has partnered with an environmental IoT startup based in Berlin. Their goal is to build and deploy a robust and reliable ultra-early fire detection system to prevent the spread of forest fires as well as a monitoring platform to ensure the health of forests.
This position is a hugely unique opportunity to join a growing business reporting directly into the CEO with uncapped opportunity to progress your career and wear multiple hats.
They are looking for a Project Manager to join their team in Berlin to take ownership and responsibility for custom development and delivery of complex projects to key customers.
- Ownership of custom development projects and delivery involving sensors, gateways and cloud platform.
- Gather customer requirements by interviewing customers and internal experts.
- Create project statements of work including specific schedules / project plans.
- Communicate with customers regarding the project schedule and agreed upon work items.
- Effort estimation and prioritization of development features taking into account customer requirements and feedback and availability of technical resources.
- Close collaboration with engineering, quality assurance, marketing and sales teams, driving action throughout the organization to get projects delivered to customers on time and within budget.
- Constant communication with customers as well as internal teams responsible for hardware, embedded and cloud engineering during project development and delivery.
- Ensure quality of project development by managing the QA process before project release.
- Compile feedback from customers, establishing a constant feedback loop with the development team.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- 3+ years of hands-on project management experience in a computer oriented / technical service field, ideally with IoT connected devices.
- Proven track record managing projects with cross-cultural and multi-continent internal and external project stakeholders, preferably with customers in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
- Excellent understanding of hard- and software components, technical architecture and implementation.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Familiarity with project management, specifically agile methodologies and iterative development.
- Good computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, ideally Google Sheets / Google Docs).
- Contribute to protecting the world’s forests and mitigate effects of climate change.
- Opportunity to work in a small, agile and experienced team where you’re constantly challenged to learn and set the bar higher.
- Competitive compensation.
This is an interesting and challenging role and would suit a confident self-starter, willing to work with others and on their own initiative.
We encourage everyone regardless of age, gender, identity, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion and sexual orientation to apply for this position. We aim to build a diverse team with an inclusive approach.